Here’s a list of items and services that the Rapunzel Project is looking for. Donations of any kind are welcome. The Alaska Whale Foundation is a registered non-profit and all donations are tax deductible and greatly appreciated.
- Marine playback speaker= $1,500
- 10-12′ zodiak with 2 stroke/ 9 horsepower outboard motor= $3,000
- AA or 9v batteries= $150/season
- Rite in Rain field notebooks= $150/season
- 10 gigabyte SD card= $50
- Marine VHF Radios= $500
- $100= food for the research team for one day
- $100= one week’s worth of fuel needed to drop hydrophones to listen to the whales
- $200= lodging, electricity, and upkeep of the Five Finger Research station for one day
- $1000= round trip transportation to and from a remote lighthouse to ‘civilized’ Alaska
Monetary donations can be mailed to:
4739 University Way N.E. #1239, Seattle WA 98105
Or Call Us!
Michelle Fournet Rapunzel Project Field Leader 907-723-2752 Andy Szabo Alaska Whale Foundation Research Director 503-385-3195